Sunday, April 20, 2008

Task 3 – Comments on other students’ blogs

Task 3 – Comments on other students’ blogs


Ellisa’s blog on E-commerce and the internet customer
I also chose to do Task 1 on E-commerce and the internet customer as this is also a subject that I found really appealing. The internet has really changed the way in which I shop. I found it interesting that you liked to visit Witchery.com as this a site I know my wife often frequents since we have moved from the city to the country! I am also a big fan of e-bay, but have experienced some problems with some sellers and have found it frustrating that you can’t really follow things up with e-bay. I have never sold anything over e-bay but have purchased a number of things and was interested in reading that you have had success with the ‘paypal’ system which I have always been afraid of using, with my next purchase I may take the plunge!

Christina’s blog on E-commerce and the internet customer
I think the great thing about the internet is that it allows you to purchase items from anywhere in the world and often at a cheaper rate. I know last Christmas my wife was looking to buy some perfume for her mother. She went to the perfumery in the town and discovered that a 50ml bottle of what she wanted would cost $150. Not wanting to send that much she went home and googled the perfume and discovered Strawberry Net, where she purchased the 100ml bottle of perfume for half the price and had it within the week. Hence, my wife is a big Strawberry-Net fan!

Christina's Blog - Web 2.0

I was the same Christina – I had no idea that FaceBook ad Flickr were all related to web 2.0.! I am not a user of social networks because I am also suspicious about the privacy issues, but after this topic and talking about it to people I know I am almost convinced to join. I can see how FaceBook has become a web sensation and why is has made Mark Zucherberg a billionaire. I was surprised at how many people I knew were members. My wife is also concerned about the next generation and has banned our son (who is 6 months old!) from the playing video games….

Cass’s Blog - Security Issues, Networks & Electronic Commerce

It is amazing how unaware some people are about security issues and identity theft. I can not believe how many people put their personal details out on the web for anyone to see. It is sad that the internet has become a new source for devious behaviour and crime. I don’t know if this topic has been beneficial for me as I was going to order a new battery for my digital camera online the other night and I was think about hackers and key loggers and decided to not to order! I’m sure it was a very secure site with SSL, but I was not taking any chances.

Sarah's Blog - Electronic Payments
I also prefer the easy of paying for things electronically. I don't receive my bills online, but I can see how this would be helpful for budgeting purposes. I have never experienced the biller code online with internet purchases – that would take a little bit of the fear out of purchasing on the internet – I’m nervous about my credit card detail going to the wrong place/person. Cash will be hard to replace for small payments – credit card fee some stores charge is excessive. I also find it annoying that some online vendors, like Qantas charge you for using credit cards online.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I like your idea of creating a blog for Task 3, so I decided to do the same... convenience for the marker!